Tuesday 4 October 2016

Have you thought about 2 Factor?


Over the last couple weeks we have helped quite a few customers recover accounts that have been compromised from malicious emails and text messages.  These messages and emails are very sophisticated and look and feel like they are genuine so it is easy to be fooled.  2 Factor authentication could help to prevent your account becoming compromised as it adds an additional layer of protection usually sending an SMS message to an authorised and trusted device.

I have this set up on all accounts that support it, iCloud, Facebook, Twitter and my gmail accounts.  Apart from the inconvenience of losing access to these accounts for even a short time, the information contained across these is very important to me, so this simple steps safeguards that and ensures that I am aware of every attempt to log in to my accounts.

If you would like to know about this then give us a shout.


No comments:

Post a Comment